In this landmark work, Richard Foster examines the ‘streams of living water’ – the six dimensions of faith and practice – that have defined Christian tradition around the world and down the centuries. In this inspiring book he looks at:
– the Contemplative tradition – or the prayer-filled life
– the Holiness tradition – or the virtuous life
– the Charismatic tradition – or the Spirit-empowered life
– the Social Justice tradition – or the compassionate life
– the Evangelical tradition – or the word-centred life
– the Incarnational tradition – or the sacramental life
Foster’s celebration of the spiritual life incorporates history’s most significant Christian figures and movements and argues for a rich, well-rounded faith, free of constricting labels.